We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Melon for the winter in jars like pineapple is a great way to preserve a healthy, aromatic vegetable, the season of which does not last long. The pulp prepared according to simple recipes retains most of the beneficial properties and surprises with its delicate taste. Homemade melon slices and syrup are very reminiscent of store-bought canned pineapples. If desired, the delicate taste can be easily supplemented with spices.
Secrets of Cooking Melon Like Pineapple
The characteristic aroma and delicate taste of the melon does not require supplementation with other products during canning. Combining yellow fruits with fruits or berries, you can easily drown out their natural smell, delicate aftertaste. Therefore, the melon is most often harvested separately in jars.
Important! The sweet fruit is very similar to pineapple, which they try to emphasize with the help of additional ingredients.
When canned for the winter, melons go well with various spices. By adding cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, cloves, you can get new shades of taste in the usual preparations.
General principles of cooking melon like pineapple for the winter in jars:
- The quality of the raw materials has a direct impact on the taste of the finished dessert. For winter preparations with pineapple flavor, only fully ripe melons are suitable: sweet, dense, without softened areas. Overripe specimens are left for other desserts that suggest a viscous consistency.
- Varieties with large elongated fruits (such as "Torpedo"), when harvested in cans, give the best taste. For desserts stored for the winter, it is often recommended to choose melons with orange flesh, as they are denser and hold their shape better when cooked. For a complete imitation of pineapple, such fruits are not suitable, although the taste is also difficult to distinguish when tasting.
- Glass, metal utensils and all kitchen utensils in contact with food must be sterilized. It is convenient to disinfect jars in a hot oven or pouring boiling water over them. Metal, plastic, glass lids are also sterilized.
- The shelf life of blanks in cans depends on compliance with all stages of preparation, compliance with the proportions of recipes and the quality of preparation of raw materials.
Advice! If it is impossible to ensure optimal storage conditions, desserts must be pasteurized.
For heat treatment, small jars are placed in a bowl of boiling water for 15 minutes, containers of about 1 liter capacity - for 20 minutes. Large glass containers (about 3 liters) are sterilized for about half an hour.
Melon recipes like pineapple for winter
Before cooking, the melon should be thoroughly washed, peeled, cut, seeds removed. To imitate pineapple and increase shelf life, recipes use acid (acetic, citric, citrus juice) and sugar. By varying the proportions of additional ingredients, the blanks are provided with different flavors.
The general principle for preparing melons for storage in winter in jars is cooking syrup and pouring chopped fruits. The workpieces differ both in the ratio of products and in the method of their heat treatment.
A simple recipe
The simplest recipe for harvesting a melon with syrup and fruits similar to canned pineapples involves the following ingredients:
- melon weighing up to 3 kg;
- filtered water - 1 l;
- sugar - 500 g;
- citric acid - 10 g.
The ingredients of the recipe are simple, and any novice housewife can handle the making of the dessert. Cooking sequence:
- A syrup is prepared from the entire amount of water and sugar: the mixture is heated until it boils and the crystals are completely dissolved, and then acid is added.
- The processed melon is cut into cubes or slices, placed in sterile jars, without compaction.
- The containers are poured with hot syrup. At the same time, banks are filled 1.5-2 cm from the edge of the neck. The syrup should cover the pieces completely.
- Having laid the lids on the cans, the blanks are pasteurized for at least 10 minutes.
- After finishing the processing, the lids are immediately sealed tightly.
The cans are turned upside down and left to cool to air. You can send preservation to storage after complete cooling.
Important! Dessert requires a short period of infusion in sealed jars. Depending on the size of the melon pieces, the pineapple flavor will show in 5-10 days.
Without additional heat treatment, it is also not difficult to get the taste of pineapple and keep the melon for the winter. The difference between such a workpiece is in the conditions of its storage. The taste and aroma will be the same, only the infusion takes longer.
A quick recipe for making melon like pineapple for the winter:
- pieces of prepared melon - 500 g;
- drinking water - 1 l;
- small lemon juice;
- sugar - 250 g
Sliced fruits are packaged in jars. Separately boil the syrup from sugar and water, adding lemon juice at the end. Pour melon with boiling syrup and leave for 10 minutes. After the time has elapsed, the sweet pouring is decanted back into the pan, brought to a boil. Re-pour the pieces with syrup, immediately screw the jars tightly with sterile lids.
Canned food prepared by hot pouring should be turned over, placed on the lids, and wrapped warmly. By cooling slowly, canned food self-sterilizes, which increases the shelf life in winter. You can put completely cooled cans into the pantry. The taste of pineapples will show up after a few days, when the melon pulp is completely saturated with syrup.
The exotic spicy taste is imparted to the canned food by the filling with the addition of alcohol and spices. The pineapple-flavored recipe usually uses port and the spices used in sweet dishes.
- melon pulp - 2 kg;
- water - 500 ml;
- vintage port - 300 ml;
- carnation - 2 buds;
- cinnamon (ground) - 1 tbsp. l .;
- vanillin (powder) - 1 g.
Melon for the recipe can be cut into balls using a special spoon. This dessert looks more spectacular than when cut into cubes.
- Dissolve the sugar in a saucepan with a measured amount of water while heating slowly. Add all the spices, cook after boiling for no longer than 2 minutes.
- Pour melon balls into the syrup and pour in port.
- Stop heating and let the mixture stand for about 15 minutes.
- Take out the balls from the syrup with a slotted spoon, put them in clean jars. The containers are not filled tightly.
- The syrup is brought to a boil again and immediately poured into the jars.
The original dessert is sealed after sterilization for 20 minutes. Store the spicy melon and pineapple flavored jars like regular canned foods.
The melon and ginger recipe differs not only by the similarity to pineapple, but also by the spicy, fresh taste. With the same heat treatment, such canned food is stored better than others, due to the disinfecting properties of ginger.
The ratio of products for 3 kg of pumpkin pulp without peel and seeds:
- sugar - 150 g;
- fresh ginger - 100 g;
- citric acid - 0.5 tsp.
The amount of water for the recipe is determined during the pouring process. About 5 liters of the finished product is obtained from these ingredients.
Cooking Melon with Ginger and Pineapple Flavor:
- Melon pulp is cut into cubes. The ginger is peeled and cut into arbitrary slices.
- Start with ginger for sterile jars. Melon cubes are placed on top until the containers are filled up to the shoulders.
- Pour sugar, add citric acid. After that, boiling water is slowly poured into the jars until it is completely filled.
- 10 minutes is enough for sterilization.
Capped hot canned melon with ginger and pineapple flavor. They wait for the cans to cool down and send them to storage. The warming, tonic effects of such a dessert are especially appropriate in winter.
Canned with pineapple chunks, melon tastes even more like a tropical fruit. Prepared according to a recipe with table vinegar, it perfectly complements meat salads, is used as a separate appetizer, and can be added to desserts.
- ripe melon pulp - 2 kg;
- medium pineapple weighing up to 1 kg;
- sugar - 0.5 kg.;
- vinegar (9%) - 150 ml;
- cloves - about 10 pcs.;
- water (filtered) - 1.5 liters.
The melon is prepared as standard. Peel the pineapple and, after removing the middle, cut into the same slices as the sweet vegetable.
The process of preparing a pineapple mixture for the winter, based on one liter jar:
- In each container, 2 clove buds, chopped melon and pineapple are placed, observing a ratio of approximately 3: 1.
- Syrup is boiled by adding vinegar and sugar to the water. Warm up the composition after boiling for no more than 2 minutes.
- Jars are poured with boiling sweet and sour solution. Install covers on them.
- Jars are pasteurized for about 15 minutes.
The processed seals are hermetically sealed, installed upside down, covered, and allowed to cool. Due to vinegar and pasteurization, canned food is well preserved at room temperature until mid-winter.
A good, ripe melon has a strong aroma, which is perfectly complemented by the taste of natural honey. The spices in the recipe enhance the warming effect and add even more exotic flavors to the pineapple-flavored dessert. In any given recipe, it is permissible to replace half of the sugar with a sweet beekeeping product.
Ingredients for a recipe with honey:
- medium melons (up to 1.5 kg) - 2 pcs.;
- liquid honey (preferably flower) - 150 g;
- granulated sugar - 150 g;
- vinegar (9%) - 1 glass;
- cinnamon, cloves, allspice to taste.
Advice! This recipe fully reveals its flavor characteristics with the addition of a pinch of salt.
Melon cooking process with honey and pineapple flavor:
- Water, honey, sugar and spices are mixed in a cooking container. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Melon cubes are gently mixed into the bubbling syrup. At the slowest heating, keep the workpiece on fire for another 10 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, pour in vinegar. Stir the solution and immediately remove the container from the heat.
- Chopped vegetable, laid out in jars, is poured with hot marinade.
Sterilization, for better preservation in winter, can be carried out in an oven at a temperature of + 100 ° C for 10 minutes. Sealed jars are stored in a cool place for no longer than 6 months.
Terms and conditions of storage
Subject to the rules of conservation, the melon will retain its taste and useful properties for up to 6 months. Closer to 9 months of storage, the workpieces lose their pineapple flavor.
For the preservation of desserts in jars in winter, they are placed in a dark, cool place, protected from direct sunlight. The optimum storage temperature for pineapples made from melon is + 10-15 ° C. In an ordinary apartment, only pasteurized desserts are left in sterilized jars. At temperatures above + 20 ° C, the shelf life is significantly reduced.
It is not recommended to keep melon or pineapple blanks at sub-zero temperatures. The thawed product does not retain its characteristic consistency and taste.
Melon for the winter in jars like pineapple has many cooking options, acquiring exotic shades of aroma with the addition of various spices. Even novice cooks can save a sweet vegetable for the winter. The simple composition of the recipes and strict adherence to the rules guarantee always a successful result, and your favorite spices will give the dessert a new sound.