We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
True lovers of mushrooms, among all the variety of gifts of nature, celebrate mushrooms. In terms of taste, these mushrooms belong to the first category. Therefore, many housewives strive to make pickles out of them for future use, in order to enjoy a delicious delicacy in winter. To do this, you definitely need to know how to properly store salted mushrooms. Subject to the necessary storage conditions, salted mushrooms can remain tasty and healthy for a long time.
What determines the shelf life of salted mushrooms
It is advisable to eat fresh mushrooms within 24 hours after collecting them. Do not store uncooked mushrooms. They deteriorate quickly. If it is not possible to immediately cook them in one way or another, then they should be cleaned of debris and kept in the refrigerator for no more than a day. No need to wash with water. Then they should be cooked or thrown away.
For long-term storage, mushrooms can be pickled, dried, frozen and, of course, salted. There are factors that you need to pay attention to when preparing salted mushrooms for storage at home. They affect the quality of the pickling and the shelf life for food.
There are several such factors:
- The temperature of the air where the pickles are. It must be at least 00C, so that the salted mushrooms do not freeze, and no higher than +70C, so that they do not deteriorate.
- Lack of light. The storage area should remain dark most of the time of the day, especially direct sunlight should be excluded.
- Salting method. It can be with or without pre-boiling the mushrooms.
- You also need to put a sufficient amount of preservative (salt), which greatly affects the storage time. How much salt to put in depends on the storage conditions. When there is a cold cellar, experienced housewives put less salt than in the absence of such a storage space.
- Containers for storing the workpiece. You can use glass, wood, enamel dishes or other non-oxidizable containers. Sterilized glass jars are the best option to keep salted mushrooms as long as possible.
The brine must be monitored during storage. If it remains transparent or slightly dull, has acquired a brownish tint, then everything happens as it should. In the case when the brine has turned black, the salting must be thrown away, because it has become unsuitable for human consumption.
Important! Compliance with all the necessary conditions for long-term and safe storage of salted mushrooms will help keep them edible for as long as possible.
How to properly store salted mushrooms
The terms and conditions of storage of saffron milk caps after salting are greatly influenced by the method that was used for harvesting. There are 2 main options:
- Hot - the mushrooms are boiled before salting. After cooling, they are placed in jars and sprinkled with salt. To get salted, the workpiece must be kept in the refrigerator for 6 weeks. At the same time, due to heat treatment, some of the useful properties are lost, but the risk of rapid deterioration is reduced and the appearance is preserved.
- Cold - mushrooms are salted raw without prior heat treatment. They are placed in a container, sprinkled with salt. A flat object is placed on top and a weight is placed on it to press down. Withstand 2 weeks at a temperature of + 10 ... + 150C. Then put into the refrigerator for 1.5 months. The salting process in this way takes 2 months. At the same time, most of the useful and taste qualities are preserved, but the likelihood of mold appearance increases if the storage conditions are not followed. The color of the mushrooms themselves changes slightly, it becomes darker.
Mushrooms cannot be salted in any dish. The choice of dishes in which salted mushrooms are to be stored affects the shelf life of the product. You can eat salted mushrooms only after the end of the salting stage, but not earlier.
Attention! During the entire time of salting saffron milk caps and during storage, you need to monitor the appearance of the brine, as well as its taste, in order to take timely measures to save the winter harvest.
How to store salted mushrooms after salting
If the mushrooms are salted without preliminary cooking and placed in a wooden barrel or an enamel pan, then after such a cold salting, mushrooms can be stored for about 6-8 months. provided that the temperature does not exceed + 6 ... + 80FROM.
In this case, you also need to regularly clean the gauze and oppression from the formed mold and make sure that the brine covers the mushrooms. If the brine does not completely cover the salted mushrooms, then add cold boiled water.
How to store salted mushrooms in jars
Hot-cooked pickles are kept in jars. To keep them in banks longer, you need to preserve them as follows:
- Remove forest debris from mushrooms and rinse well with plenty of cold water.
- Boil in salted water for 7-10 minutes.
- Drain the water and let it drain completely.
- Arrange in jars in layers, sprinkle with salt and spices.
- Pour boiling water over and close with nylon lids.
- After cooling, take out to a cool place for long-term storage.
Such workpieces should be stored in a room with a temperature not higher than +80C. Then the salted mushrooms will be edible within 2-3 months. If you roll up the jars with metal lids, then with proper storage, the pickles will remain edible for another 2 years.
There are some tips to help keep salted mushrooms edible throughout the winter. One of them is the use of vegetable oil. After the mushrooms have been packaged in jars and filled with brine, vegetable oil is poured on top so that its layer covers the brine surface and is about 5 mm thick. This technique prevents mold from forming on the brine surface and prolongs storage.
At what temperature to store salted mushrooms
Salted mushrooms, already prepared for long-term storage, should be stored in a room with an optimal temperature for this - from 0 to +80C. A cellar or basement works well for storage. If there are no such options, then containers with pickles can be placed on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. In the case when there is not enough space in the refrigerator, you can use an insulated loggia, but make sure that the temperature is within acceptable limits.
How much salted mushrooms are stored
Hot salted and hermetically rolled mushrooms are stored under suitable conditions for about 24 months. During this time, they need to be eaten. Pickles closed with nylon lids should be kept in the refrigerator. In this case, they remain edible for 2 months. after salting.
Cold pickled mushrooms will be edible for six months if stored in a refrigerator or cool room.
Opened jars of pickles can be kept on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If during this time the delicacy has not been eaten, then it is better to throw it away so as not to risk your health.
So that in winter you can taste your favorite mushrooms if you wish, you need to know how to store salted mushrooms in compliance with all the rules. This is not difficult. The blanks should be kept at the required storage temperature and their condition should be monitored in terms of appearance and smell. At the first sign of spoilage, it is better to get rid of dubious salted mushrooms than to risk your health.